AC/C TECH is approved to provide continuing education that applies toward licensing renewal* for Indiana Home Inspectors (Ref License #CE10600293).
Continuing education is central to the renewal of a license (see Indiana Code requirements below). Moreover, the type of training must be within the guidelines of the code; specifically, the categories listed below:
Category I continuing education is defined as continuing education that is formal programming, which includes instruction in one (1) of the following areas:
- Heating systems.
- Cooling systems
- Electrical systems.
- Plumbing systems.
- Structural components.
- Roof coverings.
- Exterior and interior components.
Category II continuing education is defined as continuing education that is formal programming, which includes instruction in:
- any other site aspects that affect a residential dwelling; or
- business operations, contract writing, ethics courses, report writing, legal liability instruction; or
- any other formal programming that is specifically directed toward the home inspection industry.
It should be noted that almost every course AC/C TECH offers is compliant with those requirements, so feel free to examine our course descriptions and schedules.
Tuition and fees are $250 per course. When a student registers to attend an entire program (5 courses or more) a discount of $100 will be granted if all fees are paid before the first day of classes. AC/C TECH accepts cash, personal checks, money orders and charge cards.
- Indiana Code 25-20.2-6-1 states: A license for a home inspector issued under this article expires two years after the date of issuance.
- Indiana Code 25-20.2-6-2 states: An individual who applies to renew a license as a licensed home inspector must:  furnish evidence showing successful completion of the continuing education requirements of this chapter; and  pay the renewal fee established by the board.
- Indiana Code 25-20.2-6-4 states: Before the end of each license period, each licensee must complete the continuing education required by the board. This regulation may not exceed twenty (20) hours per week.