Associate of Applied Science Degree
AC/C TECH offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Residential & Apartment Maintenance Technology. This program consists of 25 courses and 2 workshops, and when computed, represents 1,008 hours of specialized technical training.
The 1st form of training students will experience is Career Opportunities in Apartment Maintenance Technology and Basic Electricity. These courses were placed up front for two main reasons;  the “Career Opportunities in Apartment Maintenance Technology” course can be evaluated as a provisional admission for those who did not complete high school or equivalent, and  the “Basic Electricity” course is a great foundation towards achieving the lessons in the next courses.
As students’ progresses through this training, they are guided through Technical Certificate Programs in order of importance; i.e.: HVAC Maintenance (5 courses), Plumbing Maintenance (2 Courses), Interior/Exterior Building Maintenance (4 courses & 1 Workshop), Electrical Wiring Maintenance (2 Courses & 1 Workshop), and Appliance Repair (5 Courses). After completion of the technical certificate programs, students finish the training by completing six elective courses.
Upon completion of this degree program, the student will be able to:
- Identify building maintenance components and equipment, and replace defective items
- Explain the upkeep and maintenance required at a property in order to maintain its curb appeal
- Inspect and restore vacant apartment units to a “market-ready” condition
- Identify and make repairs at outdoor amenities
- Develop professional documentation of tasks completed and self-management, supervision, and customer relation skills
- Solve job assignments within governmental regulations and industry standards
Graduates will earn an AAS Degree in Residential and Apartment Technology, and, EPA Technician Certification as approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
Below are statistics for the past 3 years:
Graduation Data—AAS Degree
Click here to view graduates