The Appliance Repair program is designed to help students develop technical knowledge and skills related to the installation, repair, and maintenance of major appliances. Students will learn details about servicing appliances, but with an emphasis on making repairs in a safe, efficient, and productive manner. Students will develop skills in recognizing and testing the components, interpreting the schematic wiring diagram and tracing the sequence of operation, interpreting fault codes, adjusting the appliance for optimum efficiency, and performing annual maintenance. In addition, students will learn terminology, energy saving tips, technological advancements, tools and test instruments used in the trade, plus more.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Summarize how appliances work
- Identify and test for defective appliance components, and where applicable, Interpret fault codes
- Interpret the schematic wiring diagram and trace the sequence of appliance operation
- Explain how to properly install major appliances
- Develop professional documentation of tasks completed and customer relation skills
- Apply appliance repair skills within governmental regulations and industry standards
Graduates will be awarded a Technical Certificate in Appliance Repair Technology.
Click here to view graduates